My blog and I have won an award! Wow! I don’t know what to say. I’m speechless. Fortunately, my fingers don’t always go mute when I do.
Versatile (adj.)-able to adapt or be adapted to many different functions or activities
Let me start by saying thank you to Mira over at findingbreathless for the nomination. Thank you not only for the nomination, but also for being a loyal reader and giving me some behind the scenes support and conversation. Sometimes it feels as though I’ve known you forever. Thank you also for your own honest and captivating blog posts. Some days hearing someone else say the words I can’t find is almost as healing as saying the words myself. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, I strongly encourage you to give her a read.
Seven Random Facts About Me
Ok, wow, umm, I can talk about so much, I can write until the cows come home, but to talk about myself is a little different. Usually when I do, it’s not on purpose. Seven things. Alright here we go.
- While I may have been born in Illinois, I grew up in Texas and consider myself a southern gal through and through.
- Coffee. I love it. Can’t live without it. If I say Mom hasn’t had her coffee yet my kids will generally go away and try again later.
- I met my husband in high school when I first moved to Michigan. He was friend zoned. (yes it is possible to come out of the friend zone) We didn’t start dating until just before my 21st birthday.
- I hate shopping. Like seriously loathe it. I wish that groceries would just magically appear in my cabinets and fridge.
- I had my son when I was only 17 years old. I didn’t think twice about giving up my childhood so that he could have one. I stayed home, I worked, I took care of him. Never once did I think of abandoning him so that I could go out and party or bar hop with friends.
- Our daughter was born two weeks before we got married. While standing in the NICU filling out paperwork for her birth certificate, I looked at my husband and said I guess we should get married now and we bought rings and made an appointment at the courthouse. She came home the day before our wedding.
- I gave up the medieval torture device known as the bra over a year ago. It started off a little awkward until I realized no one was staring, no one cared. I no longer suffer from terrible migraines and the back aches I do get are more from sitting at my computer all day. The excruciating pain I’d felt most of my life is gone. I did quite a bit of research on the health benefits of ditching the bra and did not come along the decision lightly.
And that is seven random things you never thought you wanted to know about me.
And the Nominees Are
Alright, so the next step is to nominate other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award. I read so many great posts and follow so many wonderful blogs that it is hard to choose. These are my nominations.
- Gather Together and Read
- Whyteferret’s Blog
- The Fiction Cafe
- defying silence
- Life Confusions
Now for the Rules
If you have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award you’re already a winner. You just have to follow a few simple rules with your thank you blog post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog (this is just common courtesy)
- Share the Versatile Blogger Award on your blog (they have many to choose from here)
- Share seven random facts about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers for the VBA who have a unique quality to their blog and keep you coming back to read more.
Back to My Regularly Scheduled Tuesday
Sadly nobody pays me to write on my own blog (I will take donations via PayPal, lol), so I have to get off of here and go write for someone else’s blog if I want to get paid.
I’ve got my coffee (and Santa) to help me through the morning. I’ve got a few more things to do on my blog and then I’m off to work.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone has a great day.